Thursday, April 20, 2017

Spreading Your Writing Bug

Where Does My Writing Show Up?


Earlier in my writing career, I had so much time and vigor with my authorship of different works. It was a struggle to stay within one genre. The first genre I wrote in was a labor of love.

However, as I matured as an author, my desire and push has led me into other endeavors besides Middle Grade Science Fiction.

WHY YOU SHOULD EXPAND YOUR WRITING HORIZONS?

It's a way of

(1) Discovery of your authoring talents
(2) Trying something new
(3) Spreading your talents into other areas
(4) Marketing and building your Platform.

WHERE ARE THE BEST PLACES OUT SIDE OF NOVEL WRITING TO WRITE?

I write in many other places besides the genres found in novels. Here are some that served me well.

(1) Anthologies
(2) Articles on other blogs, papers, magazines
(3) Amazon Kindle Worlds
(4) Non-Fiction writing

WHAT TO CONSIDER WHEN WRITING OFF YOUR PATH

As an author, you are a business entity among yourself. Your time is money. So, when you are considering creating of an article, blog post, Wattpad story or anything > ask yourself:

(1) What do I expect to gain from this?
(2) Is the payoff worth the time and effort away from other projects?
(3) Is this a quantifiable endeavor?
(4) What will my marketing 'reach' be
(5) Will I be able to give a quality product in this subject area?

WHAT ARE SOME WRITING side adventures in which you BENEFITED?

No comments: